The beauty of this low carb dish is that… you won’t walk away in a carb induced coma. You won’t walk away with a heavy calorific consumption. You won’t walk away feeling restricted on a diet. In fact, you will walk away feeling absolutely amazing after diving into this rustic, wholesome decadent light and healthy dish. The green crunchy pistachio butter by HEARTIgrub is aware winning with NO added oil, richly coating each zucchini noodle strand and infused with burst of tangy lime and sweet cherry tomatoes will plant a big smile on your face. Enjoy this plant based ‘comfort food’ dish!
Makes 2 servings
– 2 large Zucchini
– 1 jar of HEARTIgrub Pistachio Butter picked up at Ripe Market
– 1/2 cup of fresh Basil Leaves
– 1 large lime
– 10 cherry tomatoes
– Garlic Salt & Pepper
– Spiralize your Zucchinis [zoodles], place them in a colander and sprinkle generously with salt, mixing the noodles by hand to coat them. This draws out the moisture from the noodles, greatly improving their texture. Let the zucchini noodles sit in the salt for at least 20 minutes.
– Rinse salt off the noodles and wring out the moisture. Pat dry with towel.
– To make the pesto, mix the juice of 1 lime and pistachio butter together. Set aside.
– In a nonstick pan, sauté the cherry tomatoes with garlic salt and pepper to taste for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
– Add spiralized zucchini to the nonstick pan and gently heat for a few minutes. Add pistachio pesto to the pan and stir to coat noodles. Cook for an additional minute or so until al dente. Remove from heat and toss in the sautéed cherry tomatoes. Place in bowls and top with basil leaves.