Almond Crusted White Fish Fillet with Cilantro Raisins Quinoa
Serves: 4 hungry mouths
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Soy-Free!!
- For White Fish Fillet (Dover Sole or Salmon can be replaced if you prefer!)
- • 5 Tbsp. sliced / slivered almonds
- • 4 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- • Juice of 1 fresh orange or 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- • 1 tsp. sea salt
- • 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- • 4 white fish fillets
- • Nonstick cooking spray or stick-free pan
- For Quinoa
- • 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- • 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- • 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- • 1 Tbsp. dried raisins
- • 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- • ¼ tsp. sea salt
- • ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Prepare a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine almonds, parsley, orange juice, sea salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- Place the fish fillets in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle the orange juice mixture onto each fillet.
- Transfer the tray to the oven for approximately 12 minutes or until fish is cooked through and almonds nicely crispy/crusted on the top.
While fish is cooking, prepare 1 cup quinoa according to package directions.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl with chickpeas, olive oil, dried cherries, cilantro, orange zest, sea salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- Remove fish tray after being cooked and transfer to serving plates with a side of cooked quinoa.
- Serve warm & if you like, a green cool salad on the side.
Really simple. Very filling. Super nutritious. Feeds the family. Or just yourself, four times.
Ofcourse, I welcome any feedback and suggestions – have you tried this dish at home? Let me know how you liked it ! 🙂
Noura El-Imam founder of Yogalates Bliss in Dubai. She loves to cook, practice Yoga & Pilates, head out to sea and pack up for an adventure when she can. Live life to the fullest – always!
Visit: http://www.yogalatesblissindubai.com for our latest Yogalates sessions, Dubai Yoga Teacher Trainings, Organic meals and Yoga Clothes….